Saturday, March 28, 2009

Arrr!

As one of the many gifts I made for birthdays and winter holidays this year, I decided I should make a pirate hat for my friend. I started this back in September, but just finished over spring break.

Specs:
Yarn: Knit Picks' Wool of the Andes in Coal, 6 skeins (I'm fairly sure this is the right yarn...) held double
Needles: Size 11
Pattern: From knitlikeapirate.com
I was kind of skeptical about this pattern, but it actually worked really well, and the yarn felted beautifully (I just stuck it in the washer on hot with a pair of jeans and hoped for the best. I can't open the dorm washers halfway through, so it was a little terrifying.)

And here's the progress on the shawl! Sorry it's a bit curled up at the bottom, I obviously haven't blocked it yet. It's growing nicely, though. Just finished the 7th repeat of the Yucca chart (the first chart.) Five more to go, and then I get to change patterns! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment