Monday, March 30, 2009

News From the Rome End of the Spectrum

Hello all!

As it has been months since I have posted anything, and Alexis is being productive and all, I thought I would make an appearance. Life on this side of the Atlantic is fun- sadly, knitting is not involved as often as it should be. Here are the projects I have been working on:



I knit a pair of fingerless gloves out of sock weight yarn- yes, I'm a little insane, no, I don't regret it. As you can probably tell, I have yet to finish weaving in the ends, and they need to be blocked a bit, but such is life. I made up the pattern myself- it's a pretty standard glove pattern, really- and knit them with knitpicks essential tweed sock yarn (note the little flecks) (it's mostly wool with some nylon)- I really like the color, which has unfortunately been discontinued, but I also like the yarn because it knits up really soft. The gloves used under a skein, so with the remaining skein that I have of it I'm doing another pair- these ones have cabling and will be a bit fancier. I might also leave off the half fingers- they're nice, but kind of a pain to knit.

After I finish weaving in the ends, I still have enough yarn for either a pair of socks or more gloves- we'll see what happens. In the meanwhile, I have found my knitting plans for the summer:

http://www.entropyhouse.com/penwiper/who/extermaknit.html
http://members.peak.org/~jhyde/hydecodolls/rassilon.htm

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment