Thursday, March 19, 2009

Socks for Sasha and the Start of a Shawl

Spring break in Alexis-land means time for knitting... so I finished up a pair of socks for my friend Sasha.

Size: to fit size 8 feet
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Sock Yarn in Burgundy
Needles: Size 2
Pattern: The Yarn Harlot's Sock Recipe (From Knitting Rules)

Yes, I knit on the beach

Eye of Partridge heel

And I started what is likely the hardest project I have ever attempted. The pattern is Aeolian from Knitty. I'll be using the Knit Picks Shadow in Sunset Heather on size 4 needles. I had a bit of trouble with the cast-on (it was a crocheted provisional cast-on) so I changed it to a knit provisional cast-on and used the cable from my circs as the "waste yarn." It's obviously not very pretty yet, since I'm only a little ways in and it's not blocked or anything... but this should give you an idea of the crazy:

Those are the beads I will be using with it, as well. It's supposed to have somewhere upwards of 2000 beads (and this is my first time using them!) Hopefully I'm not biting off more than I can chew. Especially since I don't think yarn tastes particularly good.

I'll post pictures of the felted pirate hat I made soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment